Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Come On Heroes, You're Really Making Me Angry


I loved Heroes and now I'm totally going to break up with it. Instead of screaming angry messages into my little sister's phone I'm going to pick my bones with you.

What are you doing? You're not Lost. The writers and producers can't be so arrogant to think that just because they keep promising us answers, information or simply entertainment that we're just going to keep coming back. I never quit shows I've been watching for years now (except a few years of ER, but who didn't... but that's a different post), but I'm so not going to watch you anymore. I stuck around to see if you could pull off having John Glover, who I love, as Sylar's dad and give me some satisfaction, but you couldn't even do that.

I'm sick of meeting people with cool powers that I begin to care about and then they either just disappear or Sylar wacks them.

I'm sick of Claire, Nathan, & Peter and all their selfish, convoluted machinations. Is Nathan rebel? I don't know, and I don't care- because the whole storyline is stupid. Why would Nathan go through all this trouble? Is he trying to make all the heroes into his own private army by making them loyal to him for saving them- FROM HIM? If so, that's really lame.

What a sorry use of Zeljko Ivanek. I do believe I've seen everything he's ever been in, which means I watch a LOT of TV. (I had to pull out my driver's license to make sure he wasn't on it.) This weeks scene with him and Angela Petrelli eating oysters and talking to him about something that is of absolutely no importance to the storyline was another one of your your supreme time wasters. Oh, and you guys really know how to waste time. Let's see:

  • Maya (my-JA) and Alejandro/ Sylar-the story line was too long, and I hated them.
  • Micah and Monica Dawson- super cool powers (maybe the coolest) and then poof, they're gone.
  • Adam Monroe- Don't even get me started on the whole 1600's Japan thing, but then when you bring him into the present, that's right, poof.
  • The whole Arthur Petrilli thing left me limp. Another grand buildup just to get wacked by Sylar.
  • Peter in Ireland? Why?
  • All that webisode business. Maybe that's keeping you from focusing. I'm an adult who doesn't have time or inclination to watch like 5 different web volumes when they, too, have nothing to do with the "main storylines" if there is such a thing.

Oh, and I could go on. What's the point of all of this? I know you got boned by the writer's strike. I can dig that, but other popular shows moved on. Why can't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment